- 2/3 cup grape tomatoes, chopped (10 to 12)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pineapple
- 3 medium avocados, diced
- 1/2 finely chopped sweet onion, such as Vidalia
- 1/8 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Black pepper
Combine the tomatoes, pineapple, avocados, onion, cilantro, lime juice, red pepper flakes and garlic salt in a medium bowl. Add pepper to taste. Serve with lime tortilla chips.
Recipe courtesy Trisha Yearwood
Strawberry Tomato Salsa Recipe
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, chopped
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, strawberries, green onions and cilantro. In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar and salt; gently stir into tomato mixture. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 cups.
We have a chili cook-off at work and I “foolishly” signed up 😦 Now I’m stuck coming up with a recipe that:
- will work the first
- Does NOT need a slow cooker / crockpot
- Betty Crocker
- Tasty and spicy chili made with beef and beans
- Easy Slow Cooker Chili
- Simple, Perfect Chili – Ree Drummond
1 Cup Fresh Lime Juice
2 Cups Sugar
2 Sticks Butter
12 Graham Crackers
1/3 Cup Sugar
1/3 Cup Butter
Stir Juice and Sugar on stove. Add Butter. Allow Butter to melt. Beat the Eggs. Pour the Beaten Eggs into the Saucepan. Keep stirring the curd.
Blend the Crackers. Add the Sugar and Melted Butter. Pulse the mix.
- 1 lb Ground Beef (I made with 2 lbs)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper – Ground
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Bell Pepper
- 1 Egg, Lightly Beaten
- 8oz Canned Diced Tomatoes (with Juice)
- 1/4 Cup Quick Cooking Oats
- 1/3 Cup Ketcheup
- 2Tsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Prepared Mustard
Preheat Over at 375F.
Mix all ingredients put on baking dish shaped in a loaf.
Mix Topping Ingredients and spread on top of Meat loaf and bake for 1 hour.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, not miracle whip
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons onions, diced fine
- 2 tablespoons green bell pepper, diced fine
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6 ounces crab meat, flaked and picked over for shells
In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, and butter with a mixer until smooth. Sprinkle with the salt and paprika and blend.
Stir in by hand the onion, green bell pepper, mozzarella cheese, and crab until just mixed (stirring it too much will mash up the crab too much).
Spoon into an oven safe chafing dish or casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 15 minutes, or until bubbly in the middle.
Serve with your favorite dippers (crackers, pita, veggies, etc).
4 Oranges, 2 Lemons sliced thinly sliced (skin and all) and some water in a saucepan, bring to a boil. Add sugar and close lid and turn off heat. Let sit over night (at least 3 hours).
The next day put the pot on the stove again and turn the heat on low.