The other day I heard someone on TV (or may the radio) mention that we all have 3 “person” in each of us.
- The person we are (or we believe / think we are)
- The person other’s see us as
- The person we want [strive] to become
This got me thinking. Who am I?
Chronologically, I am a:
- Son (grandson, nephew) – my birth did all the work
- Brother – my sister’s birth caused this
- Friend – this was the first relation that I had a hand in
- Parent / Father
Also, in no particular order, I am a:
- Software Engineer – went to school, applied and got accepted for various jobs
- Food / Restaurant, Movie, Gadget etc fan & reviewer
- A volunteer
- A sports fan – I, definitely, used to be a much bigger fan of sports but find myself to be less interested these days
I can’t speak of what other’s think of me (I do know what some people think of me, but I think I would really like to know more), but I do know (at least at this time) that I would like to become
- A Writer
- An Entrepreneur
- A Photographer
In each of these identity / role I have certain expectation of myself as does others of me. That’s where my duties and responsibilities are assigned.